Amethyst Japa Mala
Posted by Divya Mantra on
A Japa Mala is perhaps one of the most important elements of meditation. Basically, it’s a string with prayer beads that are used to count the repetitions of mantras in the sets of 27, 54 or 108. It has a start and end point which keeps one focused on the mantra and its repetitions. The beads of a Japa Mala can be made of various materials that signify various energy forces. One of the strongest and most beneficial of them is the Amethyst Japa Mala.
Though the Japa Mala had been originated in India, its use is widespread. It is used in different cultures with different names; prayer beads, rosary beads and worry beads. Apart from Hinduism, the second religion that propagates the use of a Japa Mala is Buddhism. It is basically used to help a person keep a track of the number of repetitions of a particular Sanksrit chant during meditation.
Significance of The Amethyst Japa Mala:
Among all the various materials that are used to make the beads of a Japa Mala, Amethyst is the widely used. There are numerous benefits of using an Amethyst Mala.
- Since ages, Amethyst has been referred to as the sobriety stone as it is known to cure alcoholism. Hence, using an Amethyst Japa Mala helps a person to get rid of severe alcoholism and any forms of addiction.
- Using an Amethyst Japa Mala calms a person and is recommended for people having hypertension and anxiety related disorders as it prevents a psychic attack.
- It is also an excellent stone to know about one’s past life and future, if correctly used in a strict meditation routine.
- People unable to tackle grief and depression are advised to take the help of the Amethyst Japa Mala and overcome sorrow.
- Legal problems and financial issues can be sorted by regular meditation along with the Amethyst Japa Mala since this particular stone leads to prosperity and financial abundance.
- Many people have also experienced the health benefits of using the Amethyst Japa Mala. It cures health problems like headaches, insomnia, arthritis, body ache, circulatory system issues, endocrine system problems, chronic fatigue and immune system deficiencies.
- People also carry these Japa Malas with them while on a long journey as it said to protect travelers from unseen difficulties.
- The Amethyst Japa Mala was sacred to Buddha because of its ability to activate the 6th chakra or the third eye of our body.
- Overall, using an Amethyst Japa Mala brings stability, calmness, balance, courage and inner confidence to a person. It relieves people of negative virtues like impatience and helps the user remain grounded and humble.
The Amethyst Japamalas position and counting
The mala is resting on ring finger and last finger and thumb, index and middle finger are set free, of the right hand. The hands are resting comfortably on both knees.
The left hand is in Yogamudra posture-forming a ring with index finger and thumb
The beads are moved with the help of middle finger and thumb only, not by index finger at all
The completion of one mala 54/108 leads to coming in contact with “MERU” bead to indicate one mala is over. However to continue few more mala, not to cross “MERU” but to change the position of “mala”.The Amethyst Japa Mala is beneficial in more ways than one. Using this during meditation will help a person gain physically, mentally and spiritually.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Japa Mala Prayer Beads Rosary Beads Sobriety Stone Amethyst Japa Mala Meditation Mala Yogamudra